Mon, Jan 09|
Connect Church of Saint Cloud
21 Days of Prayer and Fasting
Connect Church believes that fasting both individually and corporately aligns us with the will of God and connects us more to God and one another. We invite you to join us for 21 days of prayer and fasting.
Time & Location
Jan 09, 2023, 12:00 AM – Jan 29, 2023, 11:59 PM
Connect Church of Saint Cloud, 1215 Old Hickory Tree Rd, St Cloud, FL 34771, USA
About the event
Fasting is a temporary act of self-denial. By going without food for a brief period of time, we become more aware of our need for daily sustenance.
"Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4
Connect Church believes that fasting both individually and corporately aligns us with the will of God and connects us more to God and one another. We invite you to join us for 21 days of prayer and fasting in one of three ways.
- Daniel Fast: The Daniel Fast is a partial fast based on two accounts of the prophet Daniel fasting. When done as a fast, it is intended to be a time of drawing closer to God. All meat and animal products are disallowed (meat, eggs, fish, dairy), as are sweeteners (added sugar and natural sweeteners like honey or agave), solid fats, yeast, caffeine, alcohol, additives, and processed foods. The Daniel Fast includes vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and water. These guidelines are based on Daniel’s requesting “nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink” (Daniel 1:12) and eating “no choice food; no meat or wine”(Daniel 10:3)
- Partial Fast: (6 am-12 pm, 6 am-6 pm) includes abstaining from any type of food during the time of fasting.
- Soul Fast: you may choose to fast social media, watching television, or anything else that is out of balance and that can be replaced with spending time with the Lord.
We will be focusing our prayers on the following:
- Day 1. Matrimonies
- Day 2. Families
- Day 3. Kids
- Day 4. Youth
- Day 5. Church
- Day 6. Unsaved family members and friends
- Day 7. Finances
- Day 8. Sick
- Day 9. Leadership
- Day 10. Commitment/ Passion
- Day 11. Pastoral Family
- Day 12. Church building or purchase
- Day 13. Husbands
- Day 14. Wives
- Day 15. Schools
- Day 16. Government/ national and local
- Day 17. City of St. Cloud
- Day 18. Missionaries
- Day 19. Ministries in the church
- Day 20. New Year Plans
- Day 21. Revival